Information and resources from MaxorPlus® for Cholesterol and Hypertension
Cholesterol is a waxy, fat-like substance found in your blood. Cholesterol is made by the liver and occurs naturally in all parts of the body. If you have too much cholesterol in your bloodstream, it can collect on vessel walls causing them to narrow.
- MaxorPlus information sheet (PDF)
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Heart Association
- National Heart Lung and Blood Institute
- National Library of Medicine - Medline Plus